Website profits, the lifeblood of your business!
Your website is up and running and you are ready to make your mark on the World Wide Web. You are getting some traffic using pay-per-click ads, but your website profits just aren’t what you expected them to be. What do you do? You need to work on increasing your website profits using proven techniques that actually work. Here are three tried-and-true tips and tricks that proven Internet entrepreneurs use to maximize their website profits.
1. Forget Paying for Visitors
When you are paying a pay-per-click service for each visitor that comes to your website it can eat up a significant portion of your website profits. Your goal should be to obtain organic website traffic. Organic traffic is traffic that reaches your site via organic search engines results, blog reviews, article directories and other sources that you don’t have to pay for. In order to do this you need to work on your website’s SEO and marketing techniques.
SEO doesn’t happen overnight. You need to ensure your site is SEO optimized and that the search engines can find it. You also need to work on getting links to your site published on other sites across the Web. You may have to rely on pay-per-click advertising in the beginning when your site is new, but as your site grows and your SEO efforts pay off, you can forget putting your website profits into pay-per-click advertising and begin to profit from the organic traffic that your website receives.
2. Don’t Assume First-Time Visitors Will Buy
If you think that your website visitors are going to be buying from you the very first time they visit your site, you are sorely mistaken. In fact very few visitors do purchase from a site the first time they visit it. The truth is, if you don’t capture email addresses from visitors who come to your site, you are losing out on potential website profits. When a visitor first sees your website, it’s a foot in the door. It probably won’t lead to a sale, but it is a chance to capture that visitor’s email address. Exactly how do you do this?
Offer website visitors a valuable coupon, product or service for providing you with their email address. For example, you can offer a coupon for $5 off a $50 order if they simply enter their email address into a form on your site. Once you have this email address you can stay in contact with the website visitor, making them aware of special offers and savings opportunities. This will increase the chance that the visitor will return to your site and actually make a purchase, which will in turn equate to increased website profits.
3. Make Sure Your Website Isn’t Experiencing Downtime
Your website profits are directly linked to your website downtime. After all, your site can’t be making sales if customers aren’t able to access it. You need to make sure your site is up and running 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If your website experiences more downtime than it should, you are not only losing website profits but your site’s reputation is also at stake.
Most web hosts advertise 99.9 percent uptime, but that’s on a good day and it’s an estimate that the hosting site itself provides. How do you know what your website downtime really is? Is your site really up 99.9 percent of the time? The only way to tell if website downtime is eating away at your website profits is to utilize a website monitoring service. A website monitoring service will let you know if you are experiencing higher-than-normal downtime or system slowdowns. If you notice that your web server is interfering with your customer’s accessibility and your website profits, you can take measures to upgrade your hosting plan or move to a different web host altogether. Without a website monitoring service, you can’t really get a good picture of how your website downtime is affecting your website profits.
Remember, the reason you built your site was to generate income. If you are letting little things eat away at your website profits, those little things can add up and your profits can dwindle away to nothing. Make sure you keep the above advice in mind and maximize your website profits, ensuring maximized profit potential and a steady stream of income.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7343049
Here are 10 Strategic Ways To Maximize Your Website Profits:
1. Tell people the point or focus of your website. Explain to them what things they can do or which goals they can accomplish while visiting your site.
2. Make your visitors feel comfortable at your website. Give them your main business address, your visitors may not trust you if you are using a P.O. box.
3. Include a FAQ on your website or via e-mail on an autoresponder. This will give your customers an extra convenience without having to contact you.
4. Buy advertising space on discussion board websites. They are usually arranged by subject; that makes them highly targeted and will open the door to extra website profits.
5. Start a free e-mail newsletter to create your own opt in list. Create a title that grabs readers attention. Submit it to free e-zine directories on the internet.
6. Record all your new promotion ideas into an idea journal, good or bad. Sometimes you can combine ideas to create new ones to increase your sales.
7. Convert your website and free e-mail newsletter into different languages. This will increase your overall target market and of course, your website profits.
8. To maximize your website profits, make your classified ads stand out in a crowd. Use all capital letters in the headline, divide letters with extra spaces, add in text symbols, etc …
9. Remember your customer is always right, even if they are not. Resolve all conflicts quickly and painlessly. They are the lifeblood of your business.
10. Create a bond with your visitors by bringing up likes or dislikes you have in common with them in your ad copy. Just make sure you do your research. In time, this will add to your website profits.